What You Need
- Rub the chicken all over with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the chicken and toss to coat, adding more flour if needed to cover the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain onto paper towels.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, corn, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook another 5 minutes or until the corn is golden.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and pour in the wine and 1/2 cup water. Add the chicken back to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan, cook another few minutes until warmed through. Remove from the heat and top with bacon.
- Serve the chicken topped with fresh thyme and basil. Enjoy